|Please visit our ***NEW*** OBF/BOSC website: https://www.open-bio.org/|
Board of Directors
The board can be contacted via email at email@example.com
- Research Scientist, Duke University, and PI, Open Tree of Life.
- Project Manager at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. BOSC 2016 co-chair.
Past Board Members
- Ewan Birney
- Past President and At-large Member, BioPerl core developer. Coordinator of the EBI half of the Ensembl genome annotation project.
- Andrew Dalke
- Past Secretary, Represented BioPython & Dalke Scientific.
- Steven E. Brenner
- Past At-large member, Professor at University of California, Berkeley.
- Kam Dahlquist
- Past At-large Member, Associate Professor at Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles.
- Chris Dagdigian
- BioPerl co-founder & OBF sysadmin. Employed by the BioTeam.
- Jason Stajich
- BioPerl core developer. Assistant Professor at University of California, Riverside. Former OBF President.
Board of Directors Meetings
Upcoming Board Meeting:
Minutes of past Board Meetings:
- Conference call May 12, 2015
- Conference call Nov 18, 2014
- Conference call Dec 12, 2013
- Conference call Apr 9, 2013
- Conference call Nov 13, 2012
- Conference call Sep 11, 2012
- Conference call Dec 13, 2011
- Conference call Nov 8, 2011
- Conference call Oct 5, 2010
- Conference call Dec 14, 2009
- 2009 BOSC Meeting
- Conference call Nov 19, 2008
- 2008 BOSC Meeting
- 2007 BOSC Meeting
- No Board Meeting was held in 2006.
- 2005 BOSC Meeting
- 2004 BOSC Meeting
- 2002 BOSC Meeting
According to the bylaws, the Nominating Committee "shall attempt to contact members of the Board of Directors and active members of the OBF in an effort to identify eligible members interested in serving on the Board of Directors, and to solicit nominations from the general membership." (see Art. IV.7) It consists of "the Parliamentarian and a minimum of 2 active members of the OBF."
- Nomi Harris, BoD, Parliamentarian
- Scott Markel, active member
- Aaron Mackey, active member
See also overall expectations for Board members.